cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S2LP: Set datarate to 500 kbps

allard
Senior

According to the datasheet the S2-LP supports datarates up to 500kpbs in 4GFSK mode. In the S2-LP DK gui I can only set it to 250kpbs, what am i doing wrong?

7 REPLIES 7
lgrz
Associate

Have the same problem. Setting the 500kbps and 4(G)FSK modulations in bare-metal example makes that two S2LP based boards (STEVAL-FKI868v2) do not see each other packets. Trying to set these parameters in S2-LP DK GUI does not work - as @allard mentioned it is not possible to set data rate higher than 250kbps. Entering any value greater than 250kbps, the GUI automatically limits to 250. Has anybody know what is the cause and the possible solution ? Many thanks for any advice.

VClar.1
Associate

Did either of you, Igrz or allard, get 4gfsk to work at high data rates, >=100kbps, with low BERs?

lgrz
Associate

Hi @VClar.1​, unfortunately I couldn't achieve satisfying BER results with 4GFSK and more than 100kbps (76.8 kbps was the max), while higher DR (up to 250kbps) and low BER was affordable with 2FSK only.

VClar.1
Associate

@lgrz​ Thanks for the reply!

PPelg.1
Associate

Dear, where can I find required settings for S2-LP to archief 250kbps or 500kbps ?

What should be the frequency deviation and channel frequency filter for different modulation types ?

is there somewhere an STM document explaining data rate, frequency deviation and frequency filter settings ?

Greetings,

Patrick

Winfred LU
ST Employee

Please consider the column data rate as symbol rate.

In 4GFSK each symbol has 2 bits, so to obtain 500kbps data rate you have to set the symbol rate 250ksps.