cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing Bluetooth LE

Reda
Associate

Hello,

I am an engineering student currently working with the BlueNRG-M0 for a student project. My setup consists of a mobile application communicating with embedded firmware through the BlueNRG-M0. However, I'm facing an issue: the throughput is quite low and is practically unusable.

I'm keen on exploring possible optimizations for the BlueNRG-M0 which uses BLE 4.2. In addition, I am also considering the BlueNRG-2N, as it uses BLE 5.2 and promises a higher data rate.

Are there any known methods for optimizing BLE 4.2? And what about the possibilities with BLE 5.2?

While I have done some theoretical research, I'm now at a point where I need to implement these in practice. I'm uncertain if all the theoretical methods can be applied practically. For instance:

- Using algorithms for channel selection to reduce noise.
- Implementing algorithms to dynamically modify connection parameters for minimal latency in fluctuating environments.
- Setting a fixed connection interval and ATT MTU value.

Can anyone confirm if these techniques are feasible in practice? Additionally, do you have any other suggestions or insights on how to optimize the throughput of the BLE chip?

Thank you in advance!

Reda

0 REPLIES 0