cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with I2C Communication between STM32 Nucleo-F429ZI and Raspberry Pi 4

kamalesh
Associate

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a project where we are trying to send random data from an STM32 Nucleo-F429ZI to a Raspberry Pi 4 over the I2C interface. We have encountered an issue where the I2C address is not detected on the Raspberry Pi when we run the command "i2cdetect -y 1".

Here is the sequence of steps we've taken:

We are using STM32Cube IDE to create the code and flash the program to the Nucleo board.

In STM32Cube IDE, we have configured the I2C settings. Specifically, we have enabled the I2C interface and set the primary slave address.

We generated the code and flashed it to the STM32 Nucleo board.

In raspberry pi , we flashed the code for receive data from the STM32 nucleo also.

However, we still face the issue where the Raspberry Pi doesn't detect the I2C address.

We have also tried checking the pull-up configuration. We pulled up the I2C pins on the Raspberry Pi to 3.3V and connected them to the STM32 Nucleo board, but this approach did not work. Interestingly, when we tested the same setup with an Arduino, the data sent by the STM32 Nucleo board was received successfully.

To clarify, we are using I2C1 on the STM Nucleo board, with PB8 and PB9 as the corresponding pins.

We would greatly appreciate any assistance or advice on resolving this issue. Is there any additional configuration that we might have missed in the STM32 setup that could be causing the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Kamalesh.C

0 REPLIES 0