cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch from using LPUART to using USART1 at the AT_SLAVE project in the b-l072z-lrwan1 software package?

Ksouk.1
Associate

I am working on a project using the I-Cube-LRWAN software package, precisely the AT_SLAVE project form the b-l072z-lrwan1. I want to upload the AT_SLAVE project on a L0 MCU interfacing the cmwx1zzabz-091 LoRa module. Then I have an other MCU (L4 MCU) to communicate to the L0 MCU(related to cmwx1zzabz-091) via an USART1 sending some AT Commands. The problem is that the AT_Slave project is using the LPUART, but I want to switch it to the USART1 to ensure the communication between the L4 and the L0. How can I change the code, so the Communication Will be over the USART1?

3 REPLIES 3

What the L4 is doing should work via LPUART1 or USART1 on the Murata module side, is there some specific reason to reassign the ports?

You'll have to review the code and change all the pin, uart and interrupts

Most of the defines are located in this include file

STM32CubeExpansion_LRWAN_V1.3.1\Projects\B-L072Z-LRWAN1\Applications\LoRa\AT_Slave\Core\inc\mlm32l0xx_hw_conf.h

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Ksouk.1
Associate

The L4 get some sensors data then it should send them through LoRaWAN Network. The L4 shoud sends some AT Commands (like AT+JOIN , etc.) to the L0 via an USART1 link. Then L0 will command the Murata module to send the the data. For that I need an AT_SLAVE program on the L0 so it knows what to execute for each AT command.

Ok but that doesn't explain why LPUART1 isn't usable, unless you've arbitrarily wired it that way.

Do static analysis of the AT_SLAVE code, and change the configuration, most of the meat is in the include file I referenced. There might be additional things that need changing/fixing, you'll need to own that work.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..