cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble flashing DTM image onto BlueNRG-2 using SWD/ST-Link V2

JTorr.1
Associate II

I am trying to use the BlueNRG-2 Flashing Utility GUI to load the DTM_SPI.hex file onto the BlueNRG-2, but I am unable to flash or read anything from the BlueNRG-2's memory. The only result I get is "Waiting device to read".

I am not using a BlueNRG evaluation kit; I have temporarily wired the chip to the pins on an ST-Link V2 as well as to a dev kit for my external MCU (for V and GND). My colleague wired it up for me and I double checked all of it, although there may still be something connected wrong.

The ST-Link V2 has a red light on, which according to the User Guide means that communication between the PC and ST-LINK/V2 is established. It seems as if the Flashing Utility GUI never recognizes the ST-Link V2 programmer. I am on Windows 10.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on could be causing this issue other than improper wiring as I have already checked that, but will check again if there are likely no other issues. In the mean time, I will try the UART method instead of SWD.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DSong.1743
Associate II

I cannot connect through ST-Link V2 programmer as well. Similar as your description, the programmer detects the connection, but cannot read the device name and cannot flash. It seems to be a common issue as other people also post. https://forum.atollic.com/viewtopic.php?t=1417

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DSong.1743
Associate II

I cannot connect through ST-Link V2 programmer as well. Similar as your description, the programmer detects the connection, but cannot read the device name and cannot flash. It seems to be a common issue as other people also post. https://forum.atollic.com/viewtopic.php?t=1417

JTorr.1
Associate II

Shoot! That is unfortunate. Thank you for letting me know! I'll go ahead and pursue the UART option then.

Edit: Meant to reply

Shoot! That is unfortunate. Thank you for letting me know! I'll go ahead and pursue the UART option then.