cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug SSD1322 oled in 8080 mode

awu.2
Associate II

Hi I am using parallel bus to communicate with the OLED SSD1322 to display something, which include:

1. DATA LINE0 to LINE7
  2. CS
  3. RD
  4. WR
  5. DM data or command

however , I could send the simple commands like display on , off to control the OLED after initialization. but for the command + data pairs , it doesnt work at all.

So i've checked the hardware connection , and data command pin. seems all work well. Could anyone give some suggestion.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
S.Ma
Principal

Have you checked with oscilloscope the signals timings?

Are all the voltages needed by the display present?

Try to perform a write RAM followed by a read RAM test in a loop with a value that increments each time for debugging. Otherwise, try to find an example of 8080 interface type display sample code if available from any discovery board as reference. Have you tested the display? Tried SPI mode to make sure the HW is ok and it's only a matter of configuring the 8080 interface?

awu.2
Associate II

Hi thanks for your tips.

The oled works well under SPI mode. but i tried to use it in 8080 mode. I 'v checked all the signals by the oscilloscope. The connectivity looks good. and all the singals outputs seems well. but the time sequence is not sure yet.

What I am confused the most is why the single commands could work, but the command+data pairs doesnt work? as all the commands and data are transferred by the same parallel bus .

I have never tried the read operation. could you tell me how to read data from internal RAM ? thanks a lot.

awu.2
Associate II

thanks for your tips.

What I am confused the most is why the single commands could work, but the command+data pairs doesnt work? as all the commands and data are transferred by the same parallel bus .

I have never tried the read operation. could you tell me how to read data from internal RAM ? thanks a lot.