cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't detect bluetooth from B-U585I-IOT02A.

Fguna.1
Associate

I am using BLE_AT_CLIENT example from STM32CubeIDE 1.7.0 but nothing detected either on ST BLE SENSOR app or on my computer/smartphone normal bluetooth scan. I have 2 B-U585I-IOT02A and both give the exact same error message on teraterm. Also here is the log from console.0693W00000JNNudQAH.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fguna.1
Associate

I just figure out how to solve this, first I have to re-flash the STM32WB5MMG firmware to the latest version and flash the BLE_AT_Server_reference.hex from https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB

Don't use BLE_AT_Server.hex from the library binary, it will disable the swd connection, if you happen to do that and can't connect to the board anymore, just change the stm32programmer mode to under reset then press reset button for the bluetooth module and release it, it will let you to connect to the bluetooth module and erase the program.

After that I got another problem that sometimes the program will hang at "TX : AT", to solve this I have to reset the bluetooth module and then reset the main board, or simply reset the main board and re-plug the usb cable.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Fguna.1
Associate

I just figure out how to solve this, first I have to re-flash the STM32WB5MMG firmware to the latest version and flash the BLE_AT_Server_reference.hex from https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeWB

Don't use BLE_AT_Server.hex from the library binary, it will disable the swd connection, if you happen to do that and can't connect to the board anymore, just change the stm32programmer mode to under reset then press reset button for the bluetooth module and release it, it will let you to connect to the bluetooth module and erase the program.

After that I got another problem that sometimes the program will hang at "TX : AT", to solve this I have to reset the bluetooth module and then reset the main board, or simply reset the main board and re-plug the usb cable.