Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG - Number of packets per connection event

meerd1
Associate II
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 13:18

Hello

How many packets can the BlueNRG send in a single connection event? I need this information to estimate the possible throughput.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 15:21

Hi Daniel,

the number of packets that the BlueNRG can send in a single connection is based on the payload and time of connection interval.

Anyway, at the following link:

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/tools/FM147/CL2116/SC1893/PF260405

you can download the BlueNRG current consumption estimation software tool (STSW-BNRG001) that permits to estimate the current consumption of the BlueNRG, data rate, etcc. In add modifying the payload and connection interval, the tool shows the maximum number of packet per connection interval.

Regards,

Graziella

Nickname1920_O
Associate III
Posted on September 24, 2014 at 15:31

Hello Daniel,

in other words there's no fixed number of packets that can be sent in a single connection event. The BlueNRG can extend the connection event as long as the BlueNRG has packets in its trasnsmit queue. So if the MCU is fast enough to keep this queue not empty, the BlueNRG keeps the connection event open (obviously the Master has to keep this connection event opened).

Regards!

meerd1
Associate II
Posted on September 25, 2014 at 14:53

Thank you very much.

I downloaded the Power Estimation Tool and saw that the number of packets per connection event is quite flexible.

So the throughput will be limited by the MCU or the receiving node. This answers my question.

Regards

Daniel