cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG-LP DK SW issue with power management drivers causing high current draw after exiting DEEPSTOP mode

Jerrold1
Associate II

I'm using the BlueNRG-LP DK SW package to work on a STEVAL-IDB011V1 dev kit. I'm testing the HAL power management drivers.

The problem I'm having is using HAL_PWR_MNGR_Request() to enter deepstop mode (which is called POWER_SAVE_LEVEL_STOP_WITH_TIMER in the drivers) causes my power consumption to increase after exiting deepstop.

I am running very simple test code that uses an RTC to enter IDLE mode for a few seconds, then DEEPSTOP for a few seconds, then repeats indefinitely. My current draw in IDLE mode before entering DEEPSTOP is about 1.3 mA. However, after entering DEEPSTOP once, my current draw in IDLE increases to almost 2.4 mA. Attached is a trace of my current draw that demonstrates this.

It seems like some register is being configured in the HAL_PWR_MNGR_Request() function that's increasing my current draw after I leave DEEPSTOP, but I'm struggling to figure out what that is or how to reset it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0