cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-CUBE-TOF1 VL53L3CX_SimpleRanging not working

HElni.1
Associate II

I'm trying to use the new example available on st.com for VL53L3CX_SimpleRanging (available inside X-CUBE-TOF1) is an example application shows how to make ranging with a satellite board (VL53L3CX-SATEL green) connected directly to STM32F401RE without the X-NUCLEO-53LA3 expansion board. 

I'm using the attached connections to STM32F401RE ,Using either VL53L3CX_SimpleRanging.bin or to import the project into STM32CUBE I recieve the same error ("CUSTOM_RANGING_SENSOR_Init failed

")

By tracing the error ,I found it comes from the following function:

static void MX_VL53L3CX_SimpleRanging_Init(void)

{

/* Initialize Virtual COM Port */

BSP_COM_Init(COM1);

printf("VL53L3CX Simple Ranging demo application\n");

status = CUSTOM_RANGING_SENSOR_Init(CUSTOM_VL53L3CX);

if (status)

{

printf("CUSTOM_RANGING_SENSOR_Init failed\n");

while(1);

}

}

Please help!0693W00000AN5I1QAL.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HAl-A.2
Associate

I had the same error, it turned out that the power supplied from the MCU is too low to power the sensor. Use external power supply and connect it to the satellite.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

That call simply drops and lifts the XSDN line. and the only thing that can keep the sensor from responding is lack of power or the XSDN line being low.

My guess is PA1 is not configured correctly.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
HAl-A.2
Associate

I had the same error, it turned out that the power supplied from the MCU is too low to power the sensor. Use external power supply and connect it to the satellite.