cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L4CX CubeIDE example compilation issue, STSW-IMG029 v1.2.8

prtzl
Associate II

I have downloaded and implemented VL53L4CX driver following the example code. First I opened the provided example with CubeIDE (v1.8.0) and it failed to build. Looks like a fragment of refactoring. Also a source file was missing a struct definition, so I added an include. I don't know if this is where it should be, but it passes the build and the project works (on f411RE nucleo with provided shield).

You can find the issue in my repository on github(i can't post link): "prtzl/vl53l4cx-demo", the fix was applied in commit: a40dfe72b40925ff08c20e87ce3c31ecaa8062c4

Regards,

Matej

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I was told that a new release should be on the website in a day or two. Let's give them until June 10th.

They didn't say you were right, but I'll give you full credit for finding and fixing the issue.

Thanks again, for reporting the issue.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

Thank you. I forwarded this on to the team (of exactly one guy), who I am sure will look into it.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I was told that a new release should be on the website in a day or two. Let's give them until June 10th.

They didn't say you were right, but I'll give you full credit for finding and fixing the issue.

Thanks again, for reporting the issue.