cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VL53L1x on breadboard

KLamp.1
Associate

Hello community,

I am trying to implement a simple people counter using a VL53L1X-SATEL on a breadboard with esp32. My problem is that I am confused about the wiring. I've read the data brief but as I am not an expert in electronics I cannot figure it out. Has someone done it? Can you post a picture of your circuit so I can understand the wiring?

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I know it appears we have been ignoring you, but I was hoping someone who knew something about the ESP32 would answer.

As they have not, perhaps I can suggest looking on GitHub. There are hundreds of VL53 applications on that site and I'm betting someone has posted something that will help you. Go to GitHub.com, register (it's free) and you can do a search for the VL53L1X and your processor.

With a little luck, someone has done it.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

I know it appears we have been ignoring you, but I was hoping someone who knew something about the ESP32 would answer.

As they have not, perhaps I can suggest looking on GitHub. There are hundreds of VL53 applications on that site and I'm betting someone has posted something that will help you. Go to GitHub.com, register (it's free) and you can do a search for the VL53L1X and your processor.

With a little luck, someone has done it.

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
KLamp.1
Associate

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Code-wise I have found plenty of examples on github. My problem is about the actual wiring. I have two VL53L1X-SATELs and a melopero VL53L1X sensor. Most examples on github use a sensor other than the SATEL, so I cannot find any information. It is not obvious for me ( I have a basic knowledge of electronics from some university courses and labs) how to connect the wires on a breadboard. I tried some things but I may short circuit the connections. One thing I noticed is that the ESP board is overheating when I use the SATEL. Perhaps I should use a resistor but I need some help on that. That is why I am asking for the wiring of a SATEL on a breadboard.

I hope I clarified some things.