cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting VL6180-SATEL

LWill.3
Associate II

Given that the VL6180-SATEL breakout board has no mounting holes, is there a preferred method to accurately and rigidly mount it in the desired position and parallel to the mounting surface?

I would prefer to have it removable, so a permanent adhesive does not appear to be the best solution.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John E KVAM
ST Employee

there are lots of companies that will sell you almost the same board. SparkFun and Pololu are but two. AdaFruit is another

You can get that sensor in dozens of different layouts.

One of them will work for you.

I googled "vl6180 board" and got lots of references.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John E KVAM
ST Employee

there are lots of companies that will sell you almost the same board. SparkFun and Pololu are but two. AdaFruit is another

You can get that sensor in dozens of different layouts.

One of them will work for you.

I googled "vl6180 board" and got lots of references.

• john

If this or any post solves your issue, please mark them as 'Accept as Solution' It really helps. And if you notice anything wrong do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'. Someone will review it.
LWill.3
Associate II

Thanks John. I used the ST Satel boards (they are quite cost effective as you get two in a pack).

To mount, I removed the connector, which I don't need, and glued on a 30 x 9mm piece of plain FR4 at right angles to the Satel board on the same side as the sensor. I drilled 2 x m2 clearance holes in the FR4 to enable mounting.

I do think ST should have made the board slightly larger to include two mounting holes.

Lance