cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View unanswered posts only?

TDK
Guru

Is there a way to view only posts which have no replies?

The old site allowed this. The functionality is helpful to prevent posts falling through the cracks. Currently, if a post is 2 days old and is unanswered, it's really hard to find it. Right now, I know there is a post I want to reply to, but it's quite a chore to go back and find it given the sparse layout, so I just gave up.

If I'm gone for a few days or months, I pretty much ignore posts which have already been replied to, but will look through unanswered ones.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I don't see it in the options anywhere.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @TDK,

While there is not filter option for unanswered posts, you find a module on the right-side bar of every product forum page which features unanswered threads. Clicking on "View all" will give you a list of all unanswered posts on the respective product forum page. Here is an example: 

Capture.PNG

Let me know if this helps or share further feedback with us.

Best,
Amelie

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amelie ACKERMANN
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @TDK,

While there is not filter option for unanswered posts, you find a module on the right-side bar of every product forum page which features unanswered threads. Clicking on "View all" will give you a list of all unanswered posts on the respective product forum page. Here is an example: 

Capture.PNG

Let me know if this helps or share further feedback with us.

Best,
Amelie

Ah okay, that helps a bit. If you click the "View All" button, it's actually a much denser display of threads, which is nice.

TDK_0-1691068640301.png

Thanks.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Oh, so the forum software *can* display threads in a relatively normal way?

So why don't have we this as default? And, again, why are there different ways to display threads at different places?

Don't do that. Just don't. #consistency

JW

Apparently! I was surprised as well.

It looks like there is a search that can display all unanswered posts in all forums. Just clicking this checkbox and hitting search will give you all threads.

TDK_0-1691257630582.png

Not sure if this link will work:

https://community.st.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=openResponse&inactive=false&advanced=true&openresponse=true&sort_by=-topicPostDate&collapse_discussion=true&search_type=thread&search_page_size=50

And the search results from that are in yet another display format, distinct from the default and the one above. Can't make this up.

TDK_1-1691257705821.png