cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STEVAL-STWINBX1 datalogger - Cannot get WiFi to work ?

johngj
Senior

I am using the STEVAL-STWINBX1 development board and have downloaded the FP-SNS-DATALOG2 software.

I am trying to get the WiFi working using the ST BLE Sensor apps, but the option 'Set Wi-Fi credentials' is greyed out.

johngj_1-1719306451438.png

I have even tried the classic app...

johngj_0-1719306285813.png

I have also tried it with the default firmware BLEDfFw, but again the 'Set Wi-Fi credentials' is greyed out.

The user guide shows to click on the 3 dots in the right corner of the app....

johngj_2-1719306837470.png

johngj_3-1719306875691.png

But in my app, there are no 3 dots in the top right corner...

johngj_4-1719306932983.png

How do I get the WiFi connection working with this board ?

3 REPLIES 3
SimonePradolini
ST Employee

Hello @johngj 

FP-SNS-DATALOG2 for STWIN.box features FTP data retrieving over Wi-Fi (as you reported in your post). This features is fully supported only by ST BLESensor app. BLESensorClassic app is not meant to be used with DATALOG2.

In case of Wi-Fi issues, the package provides also a ready-to-use procedure to check and upgrade the Wi-Fi module. You can find it in Utilites\WiFi_module_upgrade folder.

SimonePradolini_0-1720107665409.png

First I suggest you to do this procedure and upgrade the Wi-Fi module. Then, reinstall DATALOG2 firmware and restart it.

If the issue still persists, can you share the version of ST BLESensor that you are using? Are you using Android or iOS?

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I did see the wifi firmware update and tried to perform it, but Tera Term does not have the option to select the serial port (its greyed out)...

johngj_0-1720108173222.png

The board is connected to the computer via USB and I have also tried DFU mode.

The readme document says to connect with STLINK, but I only have the Segger J-Link.

Does this mean its not possible to up date the wifi module without STLINK ?

The ST BLESensor app version is 5.2.3, but as shown in my original post there are no 3 dots in the top right corner...

johngj_1-1720108427311.png

Hello @johngj 

Only ST-LINK products exposes also the serial via UART. Segger J-Link can only make you flash and debug the STM32, but no UART is available.

The UART is used as I/O communication: it is strictly necessary to upgrade the Wi-Fi module and send commands from a terminal to the module.

STEVAL-STWINBX1 kit contains an adapter to let the board compatible with any ST-LINK product from ST. ST-LINK is also available on any NUCLEO board from ST.

Wi-Fi support will be available on iOS version for BLESensor app from the next version. In this moment, it is available in Android version only.

Best regards

Simone

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.