cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 6-axis signal acquisition on NEAI

LuizF_Ferro
Associate III

Hello,

I am developing a model for human activity recognition on NEAI based on LSM6DSOX module. I managed to deploy a vanilla version using gyroscope data only, and now I'm creating a new project to deal with 6 axis (3 from gyroscope + 3 from accelerometer). However, I am not managing to add the signals to my project, because the import signal functionality identifies a problem in my data acquisition. My input sequence via Serial is in the following shape:

acc_x acc_y acc_z rot_x rot_y rot_z, all of them separated by space.

NEAI says there's a problem with the data basically in every row, starting from the column 7 (where I start to collect this sequence of 6-axis for a second time). I am not experienced with NEAI, and probably this might be related to the way I'm sending the data, but I can't find the solution.

In my vanilla version, my print was in the shape "rot_x rot_y rot_z" and it worked fine. I'm using a buffer of size 64 (per axis).

How should I format the data in the serial exactly to be able to import them into NEAI without problems? Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julian E.
ST Employee

Hello,

Based on what you are saying, everything seems correct.

Can you send a screenshot of the issue in NanoEdge please? 

If possible, can you send few lines of data of your dataset please?

Could you verify the following points and see if it helps:

• Is there anything else then a space between the first rot_z (column 6) and the second acc_x (column 7)? like a ";" a "\n" or anything?
  • In the project settings, did you put Generic 6 axes?

Best regards,

Julian

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Julian E.
ST Employee

Hello,

Based on what you are saying, everything seems correct.

Can you send a screenshot of the issue in NanoEdge please? 

If possible, can you send few lines of data of your dataset please?

Could you verify the following points and see if it helps:

• Is there anything else then a space between the first rot_z (column 6) and the second acc_x (column 7)? like a ";" a "\n" or anything?
  • In the project settings, did you put Generic 6 axes?

Best regards,

Julian

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello Julian,

I managed to solve the problem. My project settings was set to Multiple instead of Generic. I read that when recording data for "Multiple Sensors" option, I can't use this same approach of using a buffer to store the data, that's why I was receiving the error after printing the first sequence.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Luiz