cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power Consumption

Ritesh1
Associate II

I am testing DL model on different MCU platform. 

Is it possible to get the power consumption information?

And is there any option to change the clock frequency of MCU?

Ritesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

You can't change the frequency of the developer cloud platform and we don't have integrated power measurement.

I recommend to create a local project with STM32CubeMX, put the frequency you want and then run the inference on your local board using either validation on target or system performance.

Then to have a estimate of the power consumption, you can use the power consumption calculator integrated in STM32CubeMX, just indicate the run time corresponding to the inference time and you'll have a estimate of the power consumption

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

You can't change the frequency of the developer cloud platform and we don't have integrated power measurement.

I recommend to create a local project with STM32CubeMX, put the frequency you want and then run the inference on your local board using either validation on target or system performance.

Then to have a estimate of the power consumption, you can use the power consumption calculator integrated in STM32CubeMX, just indicate the run time corresponding to the inference time and you'll have a estimate of the power consumption

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Ritesh1
Associate II

Thank you for providing the solution.

Could you provide any tutorial link for the power estimation using CubeMX  software?

RItesh

fauvarque.daniel
ST Employee

or in STM32CubeMX just go in help (Help->Help or F1 key) and search for Power Consumption Calculator