cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differential input Class AB amplifier with both single ended and differential outputs needed

na.1
Associate II

Hi team,

In my application i need to drive an external speaker (Mono Head phone speaker like telephone speaker)cable length could be up to 30mtr away from the speaker amplifier(Class-AB) and i need to drive both the single ended and differential outputs 

Please suggest any Class-AB amplifiers from the ST to satisfy my requirements

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @na.1​, to the community!

there are currently three such amplifiers with 1-1.2W output power, which differ only in a few fine details, e.g. the housing and a few parameters:

In principle, the differential output of such an amplifier can also be operated single-ended by connecting the load to only one output and to GND, but then the maximum output power drops to a quarter. Ultimately, such a differential amplifier does not work much differently than a bridge output stage.

Does it answer your question?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Peter, Thanks for your response

1.you explained me about the problem when connecting single ended loads to a Differential output amplifier but i need to connect single ended load, and also it should work for the differential loads also do you have any suggestion like adding any external IC for achieving this requirement.

2.Your mentioned parts only explaining about the single ended input config vs differential input topology i didn't get any info about the single ended outputs, and in my requirement i need the output voltage at 12Volts but shared parts are satisfying the power requirement

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
I don't really understand what your requirement is: do you want to connect both an differential load as well as an single ended one at the same time?
What power do you need?
Regards
/Peter
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

No at a time one load only i will connect but in your answer and shared part numbers i didn't get the info regarding how to get single ended output , only given like below

0693W00000Lx8YXQAZ.png

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee
This is not mentioned in the datasheet, as it dramatically reduces the output power and also is not a common requirement.
Anyway, you mentioned the requirement of 12V output voltage, which cannot achieved using these devices. In this case ST cannot provide any solution for you.
Good luck finding the right device!
Regards
/Peter

Thanks for your reply i am expecting answer from you like combination of IC,s to achieve this kind of requirement its common requirement in Avionics applications

In datasheet only referring how it will be incase of single ended output

Not mentioning it will work for single ended outputs correct me if am wrong