cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rootfs size is exceeding IMAGE_ROOTFS_MAXSIZE

JJimé.2
Associate II

Hello,

I am currently working with st-image-core in Yocto and attempting to remove some packages that are not necessary for our needs. While I have successfully removed a few packages, some functionality on our board has stopped working because I may have removed too much.

Most of the packages I removed were from packagegroup-base-extended, which I removed completely. After checking which packages from that packagegroup were necessary to add back, I encountered an error. However, when I add packagegroup-base-extended back, the error disappears. This is confusing because I am adding fewer packages than those included in packagegroup-base-extended:

ERROR: st-image-core-1.0-r0 do_image_tar: The rootfs size 1247592(K) exceeds IMAGE_ROOTFS_MAXSIZE: 753664(K)

I have tried overriding IMAGE_ROOTFS_MAXSIZE in our bbapend file, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect. Is there any way to fix this error?

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Perhaps identify what's doubling the storage expectations currently. If that's a single package or file.

Y​ou could for a sandbox build increase the MAX size so that build completes and inspect the content.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..