cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compare different STM32 part numbers using the cross selection tool of STM32CubeMX?

ST AME Support NF
ST Employee

How to compare different STM32 part numbers using the cross selection tool of STM32CubeMX?

ST users often ask how they compare different STM32 part numbers. This can be done using STM32CubeMX (or STM32CubeIDE which integrates STM32CubeMX).

1. Procedure to compare different part numbers using STMCubeMX

In STM32CubeMX you can do exactly this and I will show you how to do that:
  • Open your STM32CubeMX.
  • Create a New Project (File -> New project or CTRL+N)

1676.png
  • Then click on Cross Selector as seen below:
1677.png
  • We want to compare different STM32 part number so for the Vendors select STMicroelectronics:
1678.png
  • Now insert the part number you would like to compare, in this example I want to compare the STM32G071RBTx so I will type the part number at the location seen below:

1679.png
  • This is what the tool will display once you enter the part number:1680.pngAs you can see the tool will provide a list of Matching ST candidates.
The tool will select 3 part number which are the closest to your selection (selected in blue):
1681.png
You can change this by selecting different part numbers in the list given by the tool (from the 500 part numbers proposed by the tool).

2. Example

In the example below I am selecting the part number I would like to compare  to followings:
To select he first part number you want to compare just left click on the part number you want to compare:
1682.png
Then from the list if you want to add one of the proposed part number and compare to the first selection you will press the control CTRL button on your keyboard and left click.
In my example case let's add another one like this:
1684.png
You can add more if you need.
So far I have a list of 2 part numbers I am comparing to my original and the result is show here on the right side:
1686.png
So on the left side you have the original part number you want to compare and then 2 more column with the 2 additional part number I am comparing to.
You can then export the comparison analysis by clicking on  Copy to clipboard:
1688.png
You can then paste it in an email, document or other tools easily.
For example here I pasted in Excel:
1689.png

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-09-14 03:20 AM
Updated by: