Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32 with TCP/IP

Koceila Hami
Associate II
Posted on June 05, 2018 at 10:42

Hello,

I'm working on a project that aims to develop a program for compliance with the TS13 149 (

http://itxpt.org/en/home

) standard of passenger counting systems for public transit vehicles produced by the company in which I am doing my work. traineeship. The purpose of the project is to introduce network management protocols based on a

TCP / IP (Ethernet) link. To do this, the standard requires a service-oriented architecture (SOA) and the following protocols:

SOA:the project must meet a service-oriented architecture

FTP: For file transfer

SSH (Secure Shell): To make secure (encrypted) connections between a client and a server and to have control over a remote terminal.

HTTP: Used for data triggered by an event

mDNS: Simplifies name resolution and enables dynamic scalability and evolution in a local network.

TCP: For data transport

DHCP: For automatic configuration of IP parameters of a station or machine

IP (IPv4, IPv6): For the address space

Ethernet: For the link

My questions are then:

• Does the STM microcontroller support the TCP / IP stack?
  • If so, what kind of microcontroller should I use? (according to my research, STM32 could do the trick !)
  • Is the TCP / IP stack that is made for this microcontroller supports all the protocols mentioned?
  • Where to download thisstack?
  • Which programming environment uses these microcontrollers?

If the STM microcontrollers support all these protocols, our company is committed to carry out this project with this type of microcontrollers

Thank you all

#stm32

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
10 REPLIES 10
Koceila Hami
Associate II
Posted on June 11, 2018 at 13:59

Hello,

So after doing a lot of research, I came across this document (list of TCP / IP stacks for STM32):

http://www.emcu.eu/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/STM32-ETHERNET-Solutions.pdf

Thank you