cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programming STM32 MCU using ESP8266 over WIFI.

parth kothiya
Senior

I want to programme STM32 MCU connected to ESP8266 using USART now i want to programme these STM32 MCU using laptop at remote place connected to internet.

how can i make this possible ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

It is possible. In order to program, you'll need to put the chip into bootloader mode either in your code or by using an ESP8266 GPIO pin connected to BOOT0. You can then program it via the UART bootloader, then you'll need to reset it and your code will run.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

It is possible. In order to program, you'll need to put the chip into bootloader mode either in your code or by using an ESP8266 GPIO pin connected to BOOT0. You can then program it via the UART bootloader, then you'll need to reset it and your code will run.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

How can i debug STM32 located at remote place connected to internet?

options

1) using uart print message sent using esp

2) STLINK V2 send and receive data over wifi using esp8266

Tunneling a ST-LINK connection seems like a bit of a stretch, how do you envision this working? Via should GDB server, hosted/connected how exactly. ​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

If I want to debugging STM32 connected to internet using UART ESP8266

How can I do this?​

TDK
Guru

> How can i debug STM32 located at remote place connected to internet?

I would use remote desktop for the easiest setup.

> If I want to debugging STM32 connected to internet using UART ESP8266

Debugging (e.g. breakpoints, inspecting variables, etc) over UART isn't possible. You need a SWD/JTAG connection.