cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External execution using Simulink and STM32F303

AOrdo.1
Associate

Hello

I am currently working on a project were we would like to use the STM32F303 board. We would like to debug it using the external execution mode of Simulink, but I am having problems for generating the code.

I have been following the "STM32_MAT-Target_HandsOn.pdf" which is included in the STM32-Mat installation folder. I have been able to generate code for the device and execute it, but that is not the case for the external execution. The code is quite simple, a LED blinking with a period of 1 second. I attach the simulink code and the .ioc configuration file that I am using for the test.

When I execute the "Build Model" button with the external operation enabled, I find that two different projects are created for STM32CubeIDE. The first one is created in the same folder were the .ioc is placed, but elements such as the ".cproject" is missing, so I cannot open it with the IDE.

0693W00000BdeqTQAR.png 

The second one is generated inside "project_extMode" folder, which is created during the build. I can open this project using STM32CubeIDE, but most of the source code is missing, including the main file and the matlab code.

0693W00000BdeqnQAB.png 

Anyone has faced this issue before?

I am working with the following versions:

• Windows 10 Pro
  • STM32CubeMX 5.4.0
  • STM32CubeIDE 1.6.1
  • MATLAB/Simulink R2018b & MATLAB/Simulink R2020b

Thanks in advance

0 REPLIES 0