cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBV STM32 Design Contest - Win a Harley Davidson !

Nickname12657_O
Associate III
Posted on October 29, 2010 at 13:33

This Could Be Your Harley Davidson!  EBV Elektronik and STMicroelectronics make it happen!

Release your creativity with STMicroelectronics’ STM32 microcontrollers. Convince our panel of judges that your STM32F-based design is taking full advantage of this leading-edge microcontroller family based on the ARM Cortex™-M3 core, and take a chance to win the following top prizes:

• 1st Place:   Harley Davidson Motorcycle (Dyna Wide Glide - Black)

• 2nd Place:  Daum Pedelec Bike (ergo_bike pedelec Trekking H Premium)
  • 3rd Place:   1000€ Apple Voucher

http://www.ebv.com/en/products/stm32-design-contest.html

Release your creativity with STM32 and win a Harley Davidson

Motorbike

0690X00000603BnQAI.jpg

21 REPLIES 21
szymon
Associate II
Posted on November 13, 2011 at 09:32

Thank You for information. Let's hope, that EBV will announce some new information about the contest results in next few days and let's hope it will be sent to all contest participants.

darkore2
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2011 at 19:39

Yes, let's hope so. I pinged them again today, I'll post any new information I have in this thread.

szymon
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2011 at 19:53

Ok, great, thanks. I also wrote to them few days ago, but I didn't get any reply:(

darkore2
Associate II
Posted on November 14, 2011 at 20:19

They were very responsive in the past, so I think right now they're so overwhelmed by the response to their contest that they simply don't have enough time for anything other than rating entries 🙂 And they're probably also learning a thing or two about how to organize such a competition a bit better next time.

wolinski.frank
Associate
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 08:09

Dear participants of the STM32 Design Contest,

many thanks to all of you for participating to the design contest of EBV Elektronik and making this contest a so big success. More than 300 participants sent an application and it took some time to evaluate all of them. Finally the committee declared the winners and the winners will be informed end of this week by the organizer of the contest, our distribution partner EBV Elektronik. As soon as the three winners accepted the decision of the committee, EBV Elektronik and STMicroelectronics will give an official announcement about the winners and the winning applications. You will be informed about this in this forum as well.

Many thanks for all your patience and your great interest in STM32 Microcontroller.

Best regards,

Frank Wolinski

Demand Creation Manager

Distribution EMEA

STMicroelectronics

darkore2
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 09:10

Thank you very much Mr. Frank for your continuous help and support. I'm glad that the winners will be finally announced, but I still don't understand the timing. You said that the winners are already selected, so why wait until the end of the week to announce them? I quote from the original EBV STM32 contest rules: ''The prizes will be handed out to the winners during the Contest closing event on the SPSdrives 22.11.2011 – 24.11.2011 in Nuernberg.'' 22.11.2011 is om the next Tuesday. If the winners are announced at the end of the week and they need to fly to Nuremberg on Tuesday they have only a few days to arrange all the details of their travel, which might lead to some unpleasant logistic issues. I'd try to notify the winners ASAP. Then again, that's just me 🙂

wolinski.frank
Associate
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 10:20

Dear Mr. Marinescu,

as mentioned in myposting earlier we, EBV Elektronik and STMicroelectronics were overwhelmed by the high number of submitted applications, so that it was necessary to shift the planning for the award ceremony. As far as STMicroelectronics is informed, EBV Elektronik will hand over the Harley-Davidson to the winner in a special event organized in the country of the winner. EBV Elektronik will contact the winner to agree on this. EBV Elekrtonik will stick to the commitment to announce the winner during the SPS-show next week in Nuremberg, but the award ceremony will be locally to avoid additional travel costs for the winners.

For all further details about the contest, please refer to EBV Elektronik, as the responsible company for the contest.

Many thanks and best regards,

Frank Wolinski

darkore2
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 11:54

Hello Mr. Wolinski,

Again, thanks for your very helpful posts. I didn't know about the local event, as this was not specified in the original contest rules. Everything is clear now, I guess all that's left is waiting and keeping my fingers crossed a bit more 🙂

Thank you,

Bogdan Marinescu

szymon
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 11:59

Exactly Mr. Marinescu. Everything is now clear and all we can do is to wait... again:) Good luck!

darkore2
Associate II
Posted on November 15, 2011 at 12:05

Good luck to you too!