cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the procedure to read ST25TA64K(NFC Forum Type 4 Tag,ISO/IEC 14443 Type A) Tag with NFC03A1 Reader and hosting MCU is STM32L452?

PAkut.1
Associate II

Dear all ,

My project is to read ST25TA64K(NFC Forum Type 4 Tag,ISO/IEC 14443 Type A) Tag with NFC03A1 Reader and hosting MCU is STM32L452.I am able to detect the Tag by Idle command.An wakeup event is getting occured after sending a Idle command.I am able to get a UID by executing the anticollision procedure which is mentioned in the examples of CR95HF datasheet.But i am unable to get any Response to RATS command.Should i must send the RATS command to read the Tag.I am not getting response to Selection command of CC file.My task is to write some info into NDEF file and read it back.I am not using any firmware from st.com(https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-nfc3.html).I am wrting my own firmware to read the tag.Is i am going in a wrong way?

Please give me the suggestions.Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Praveen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Praveen,

see the various posts on this topic such as https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000Anrcyj/how-to-use-float-in-printf

make sure to run the linker after you modify the MCU settings (if your project was already build, Build Project will not run the linker after you modify the MCU setting... I would recommend to clean the project to force a rebuild)

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Praveen,

X-CUBE-NFC3 V2.1.0 includes the support of NDEF features with T2T, T3T, T4AT, T4BT and T5T tags. It has been tested with ST25TA tags. X-CUBE-NFC3 V2.1.0 provides a project demonstrating the NDEF API. See ndef_demo.c for NDEF Read and NDEF Write example.

See NDEF Read trace from the demo when using a ST25TA tag:

NFCA Passive ISO-DEP device found. UID: 02A2003AE83081
READ/WRITE NDEF detected.
Decoding NDEF message
Record #1
 Text: "Welcome to ST NDEF demo" (UTF8, language code "en")
Operation completed

You just need to port the project provided in X-CUBE-NFC3 from the STM32L476RG to the STM32L452.

Why do you plan to write your own firmware rather than using the one provided in X-CUBE-NFC3?

Rgds

BT

P.-S. I believe your RATS fails as you probably use the defaulf Frame Waiting Time in the protocol select command. Such a default FWT value is to be used during the anti collision process only. When sending upper layer commands, the proper FWT has to be used. The X-CUBE-NFC3 firmware properly handles the Frame Waiting Time in accordance with NFC requirements.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your valuable suggestion.Now I will use the existing firmware which you have mentioned in the link.But the project in the link was from STM32 CUBE MX.The project is having some middleware folders and BSP folders.How to add these Folders into STM32CUBEIDE? Is there any documents to read for adding middlewares ?Now I am using STM32CUBEIDE.Please help me to get out of this problem.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Praveen Akuthota.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Praveen

Here is a a porting of the NDEF demo on NUCLEO-L452RE. you just need to unzip this file in STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Projects folder. It will create a STM32L452RE-Nucleo that contains the NDEF demo for STM32CubeIDE.

Rgds

BT

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your valuable help.I am really sorry that i have not clearly mentioned the part number of which i am using now.i am using a host controller as NUCLEO_L4xxRx-P(i.e STM32L452RETxP).The file you have mentioned earlier is of NUCLEO_L452RE(STM32L452RETx).I realized after opening the .ioc file.Is can i use the same .ioc file for NUCLEO_L4xxRx-P(i.e STM32L452RETxP).Becuase in the both boards the Arduino connector Pinouts are different.Could you please send it according to NUCLEO_L4xxRx-P(i.e STM32L452RETxP).

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Praveen,

here is a porting of the NDEF Demo on NUCLEO-L452RE-P. you just need to unzip this file in STM32CubeExpansion_NFC3_V2.1.0\Projects folder. It will create a STM32L452RE-P-Nucleo folder that contains the NDEF demo for STM32CubeIDE.

Note:

• SPI2 has been used instead of SPI1
  • the B1 button logic is inverted in NUCLEO-L452RE-P compared to NUCLEO-L452RE. I've updated the B1 handling accordingly in the demo
  • the SYSCLK frequency is set to 48 MHz and the SPI clock is set to 1.5 MHz. Make sure to update the SPI prescaler if you change the SYSCLK value (the SPI clock has to be lower than 2.0 MHz). You can use STM32CubeMX to change the clocks configuration according to your needs.

Rgds

BT

Dear Brian,

Thanks for the quick reply.You said that clock configurations can changed in  STM32CubeMX.Can't we change the configurations in STM32CUBE IDE by using .ioc file ? Can't we do Device configuration and code generation in the earlier file ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Praveen.

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi Praveen,

Due to my support activity on NFC, I move from one IDE to another one . Therefore I am used to use the STM32CubeMX standalone version. Anyway, when double-clicking the ioc file in STM32CubeIDE, the configuration tool perspective is opened. This perspective provides the STM32CubeMX features.

Rgds

BT

Dear Brian,

Firmware is working fine.My thanks and appreciation for your valuable support.

Regards,

Praveen.

Dear Brian,

In this Firmware I am unable to print the float values on UART. Can please guide me to print float variables on to UART.

Thanks & Regards,

Praveen.