cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature measurement with NFC without power supply

Schuyler
Senior
I need to use NFC to obtain several hundred watts of energy to drive the MCU of L4 to complete other tasks, Can I use ST25 and antenna to achieve this? Can the energy obtained from it be used to charge NFC? Can I use the QI standard provided by ST Company to design and achieve the purpose of NFC energy supply?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hi,

We have tried to answer your question in several posts already, please read all the datasheets ( ST25DV and MCU) to try to reach your goal using EH, following our recommendations.

Please avoid to duplicate tickets, it won't solve your issue.

Best Regards,

BB

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

> several hundred watts of energy

There's no way you can transfer this much power over NFC.

NFC isn't really designed to be a large power transfer device. It's meant for low-power, short duration tasks.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Schuyler
Senior

As far as I know, ST company has successfully used NFC to collect energy to power L4 (MCU), such as STEVAL-SMARTAG2 and ST25DV-I2C. Is the principle of wireless power supply directly leading out the antenna for battery charging?

Hi,

"I need to use NFC to obtain several hundred watts": more likely "hundred milliwatts"?

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Schuyler
Senior

Hi @Brian TIDAL 

Yes, it is just necessary for the MCU to operate properly to achieve the testing purposes of other sensors, and the energy required for the entire process is based on NFC.

Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

Hi,

We have tried to answer your question in several posts already, please read all the datasheets ( ST25DV and MCU) to try to reach your goal using EH, following our recommendations.

Please avoid to duplicate tickets, it won't solve your issue.

Best Regards,

BB