cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916B - Purpose of GND connection on Nucleo board antenna loop

yi15922
Associate

I am examining the antenna attached to X-NUCLEO-NFC08A1 and its schematics, and I noticed that there is a 3rd pad at the edge of the antenna board with a connection to GND. I also see the same GND connection through a 0Ω resistor in the provided schematic in DB4702. 

image.png

I've never seen this before in other NFC antenna designs. It seems to short the entire antenna to ground according to the multimeter. What is the purpose of this connection, and will my antenna still work without it? Thank you in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @yi15922, to the community!

please see this thread discussing a similar question, and also read @Ulysses HERNIOSUS answer.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @yi15922, to the community!

please see this thread discussing a similar question, and also read @Ulysses HERNIOSUS answer.

Hope that answers your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.