cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3911B Disco board SW packages for the mifare 1K card read write and authenticate

Hey there ,

I have just revived ST25R3911B disco board. For the testing purpose I'm using ST25-pc and GUI app. I can get the UID for the ISO14443A and ISO15693 , but my ultimate goal is to read and write the selected sector of Mifare 1K along with the authentication key, but i haven't found any SW packages for the same

Can you please help me to develop the SW package

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hey thanks Ulysses for the feedback

but why you're not providing crypto1 cipher based firmware?

As i have ordered the official Disco board of STM and I'm expecting the support from the community

i really Don't know why ST25 needs external Crypto 1 cipher ? I have already use PN 532 with arduino that doesn't required Crypto 1

Thanks

is it possible to read and write mifare 1k without Crypto-1 ?

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi Mahendra,

to my best knowledge Mifare Classic (1K,4K) can only be read/written after successful authentication (crypto1).

PN532 has a built-in crypto1.

Regards, Ulysses

Hey thanks for your feedback

Yes, have go through the datasheet of the PN532 and PN7150 that i have used earlier and also read the datasheet of ST25R3911B

mostly NXP's reader ic have built in Crypto -1 engine as they are the proprietor of the Crypto-1. unfortunately the algorithm was buggy and easy to hack, even Mifare 1K getting clone by the little efforts and that's why NXP have clarify about the Antilogarithm an it's security, later

https://www.mifare.net/en/products/chip-card-ics/mifare-classic/security-statement-on-crypto1-implementations/

But Right now I'm seeking for the Support from STM to get the Crypto-1 software packages ind-order to write and read the Mifare 1K with authentication

Here is the Macros that contains the code for the same in ST25R3911B software packages

#include "mcc.h"

#include "mcc_raw_request.h"

#define HAS_MCC

Thanks