cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with firmware update

AMeli.2
Associate

Hello,

I have a ST25RU3993 RFID reader, and I started with it. For starting I download and use the Software Development Kit for ST25RU3993 based evaluation boards for testing my reader.

However I have a problem. My reader has a firmware that does not match with the SDK. The SDK requires update the firmware. When I process to update the firmware SDK throws an error, that say that the device is not recognize.

What could be the problem? Or how could I make my reader be recognized?

0693W00000YAgCeQAL.jpg 

Thank you and regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello,

This dialog only appears if the GUI can not connect to the bootloader of the onboard STM32L4 MCU .

Beside cables and connection reason for this could either that the EVAL board is already in use by some other application that blocks the COM board.

Or, if the board is not blocked by other apps and you have multiple COM devices attached to your PC the GUI ask before the FW download process start which port to use.

Please specify the COM board number of your ST25RU3993 HPEV board.

The COM port number could be found in the device manager. Unplug your port, open the device manager and check which COM Port appears when the ST25RU3993 HPEV board is connected.

A USB Serial Port must appear. (The ST25RU3993 HPEV board emulates a VCP)

0693W00000aHqbjQAC.pngFor example COM9 showed up. Please use this number when asked during the FW upgrade process.

0693W00000aHr6UQAS.png 

BR

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Nick K
ST Employee

Hello,

This dialog only appears if the GUI can not connect to the bootloader of the onboard STM32L4 MCU .

Beside cables and connection reason for this could either that the EVAL board is already in use by some other application that blocks the COM board.

Or, if the board is not blocked by other apps and you have multiple COM devices attached to your PC the GUI ask before the FW download process start which port to use.

Please specify the COM board number of your ST25RU3993 HPEV board.

The COM port number could be found in the device manager. Unplug your port, open the device manager and check which COM Port appears when the ST25RU3993 HPEV board is connected.

A USB Serial Port must appear. (The ST25RU3993 HPEV board emulates a VCP)

0693W00000aHqbjQAC.pngFor example COM9 showed up. Please use this number when asked during the FW upgrade process.

0693W00000aHr6UQAS.png 

BR