cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I ensure that the data in the EEPROM of the ST25DV64K is updated before the ST25DV64K is ready to be read out via RFID?

atlas
Associate II

Hello,

I am working with the ISO15693 chip ST25DV64K for the first time.

The V_EH output goes to a 1.8 V regulator and the output of the regulator supplies a microcontroller.

I would like to know how can I ensure that the microcontroller first writes its data into the EEPROM of the ST25DV64K, via I2C, and then the ST25DV64K chip is ready to be read out via RFID.

If the voltage at the V_EH is too low and the microcontroller is not yet on, I do not want the ST25DV64 chip to be accessible via RFID. Only when the microcontroller is on and the data in the EEPROM (ST25DV64K) has been updated can the ST25DV64K be read out via RFID.

How can I achieve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
atlas
Associate II

Hi,

I have statically switched off the "RF" interface, transferred the data from the microcontroller to the EEPROM and then switched on the "RF" interface again in the dynamic register.

Works perfectly. Thanks DPoto.1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DPoto.1
Associate II

Hi,

You could propably achieve this by utilizing the "RF sleep" feature of ST25DV.

When enabled the chip will not respond to RF commands, and when Your microcontroller writes the required data to EEPROM memory it could disable the sleep feature in dynamic configuration of ST25DV in order to allow RF data transmission.

It must be checked if the energy harvesting feature still work even if RF sleep mode (it should)

Best Regards,

Damian

Berenice BENVEGUDA
ST Employee

​Hi,

What is proposed by Damian just above could be used as a solution for your case.

I confirm that energy harvesting feature still works when RF sleep mode is activated.

Best Regards,

BB

atlas
Associate II

Hi,

I have statically switched off the "RF" interface, transferred the data from the microcontroller to the EEPROM and then switched on the "RF" interface again in the dynamic register.

Works perfectly. Thanks DPoto.1