cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash using NFC

Vmere.1
Senior

On one side I have a slave MCU and other side smart phone. I have an nfc tag connected to slave MCU via I2C. Is there any way I can flash the software from smart phone to the slave MCU using NFC? Given I have some 500 Bytes EEPROM on the NFC tag.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25DV-I2C features an innovative fast transfer mode between an embedded host and an NFC phone or reader thanks to its half-duplex 256-byte buffer (mailbox). This enables use cases such as firmware update, file transfer. etc.

An end to end firmware upgrade demo from an Android phone to an ST25DV Discovery kit is available thanks to the "NFC Tap" Android app (available on GooglePlay). See UM2131 §5.2 Firmware update.

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

which NFC tag do you use? ST25DV?

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Yes ST25DV. I have option to use others as well​

Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

ST25DV-I2C features an innovative fast transfer mode between an embedded host and an NFC phone or reader thanks to its half-duplex 256-byte buffer (mailbox). This enables use cases such as firmware update, file transfer. etc.

An end to end firmware upgrade demo from an Android phone to an ST25DV Discovery kit is available thanks to the "NFC Tap" Android app (available on GooglePlay). See UM2131 §5.2 Firmware update.

Rgds

BT