cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

suggested land pattern for Part no:LSM6DSLTR

TShah.1
Associate

We have used your one component in our project but we are facing some issues in designing the footprint because we didn't get the suggested land pattern in the Datasheet.

So kindly share with us the suggested land pattern for Part no.LSM6DSLTR mentioned here

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TShah.1​ ,

Could you please clarify, Can I consider tolerance when I consider PCB land length? Yes, you need consider it (0.1). I give you the dimensions to be considered in the next questions.

Could you please give me the specific LSM6DSLTR package land pattern? What should I consider?

I suggest you to use the dimension of land pattern as 0.55x0.35 and a solder mask 0.75x0.55.

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster 🙂

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TShah.1​ ,

Welcome to ST Community!

You can refer to the technical note TN0018 at pag. 5, you can also find it under documentation at this link.

If this solves your problem, please mark my answer as "Best Answer" by clicking on the "Select as Best" button, this can be helpful for Community users to find this solution faster 🙂

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bkHpaQAE.png

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
TShah.1
Associate

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt response.

If we do not consider tolerance for PCB land length, we should follow the first criterion, which states that the PCB land length is equal to the LGA solder pin length + 0.1mm.

However, if we consider tolerance in the LGA solder pin length, we should follow the second criterion, where the PCB land length is equal to the LGA solder pin length.

For the LSM6DSLTR package, we have found problems such as the fabricator not providing a solder mask between the pins.

Could you please clarify, Can I consider tolerance when I consider PCB land length?

Could you please give me the specific LSM6DSLTR package land pattern? What should I consider?

Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @TShah.1​ ,

Could you please clarify, Can I consider tolerance when I consider PCB land length? Yes, you need consider it (0.1). I give you the dimensions to be considered in the next questions.

I suggest you to use the dimension of land pattern as 0.55x0.35 and a solder mask 0.75x0.55.