cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6DSR FSM and Activity/Inactivity Triggers

DiamondKnight
Associate

Is there a way to move between inactive sample rate and regular sample rate with FSMs enabled?

I have configurations written from the host microcontroller to the LSM6DSR in which I can enable or disable double tap and enable or disable the FSM(s) in the configuration. I notice that if I enable double tap but not the FSMs then the sampling moves between low the rate for inactive and the rate for active but if I enable the FSMs at all, then the rate stays at the "active" sampling rate.

• ODR_XL = 2 (26 Hz)
  • ODR_G = 0 (power-down)
  • INACT_EN = 3 (sets accelerometer ODR to 12.5 Hz (low-power mode), gyro to power-down mode)
  • FSM_ODR = 1 (26 Hz)

I'm attaching an example configuration header file, which is a merge of saving FSM config and general config from the unico tool.

You can see the sample rate change on a scope (measuring current draw) when the FSM are not enabled. The sample rate never moves from 26 Hz to 12.5 Hz when the FSM is enabled.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000dJwLpQAK.png

1 REPLY 1
DiamondKnight
Associate

Ok, I'm sorry... I was mistaken. I'm retesting now and am seeing the rate changes in both cases. Sorry for the mistake.