cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSM6 Family differences (DSV/DSR/DSO/DSL/...) and suffixes

JHenn.1
Associate

I am looking for an overview over the different models in the LSM6 family. On the product selection page there are smaller differences in noise and current consumption, but I guess there are larger differences between those models.

I found the following sub-families:

• LSM6DSV
  • LSM6DSR
  • LSM6DSO
  • LSM6DSL
  • LSM6DST

What are the main differences between those models?

In addition there are different "suffixes" denoting specific features, including the following:

• "32": Max. Acceleration Range is +/-32g instead of +/-16
  • "X": Machine Learning Core included
  • "P": ?
  • "IS": ?

Best regards,

Johannes

1 REPLY 1
Federica Bossi
ST Employee

Hi @JHenn.1 ,

They are all iNEMO inertial modules, what changes are the applications (they have different features for specific applications) and also some electrical characteristics for better perfomances thanks to new generations' IMU.

You could look here a summary and read the datasheets and application notes for the comparison of the electrical characteristics. You can also find a comparison table here.

The suffixes IS means that the IMU has the ISPU (intelligent sensor processing unit),while LSM6DSOP is for smart pen applications.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.