cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to develop project code from BluNRG Navigator Examples / BluNRG GUI?

BWest.1
Associate

First off, my apologies if I am asking this in the wrong location, any advice on where to post questions like this in the future is welcome.

TLDR:

How does one go about developing project code from the examples provided by ST I.E. setting up a project with the correct includes, initialization of the BLE protocol, and successfully communicating between two BlueNRG devboards?

Short of that, is there any recommended examples or tutorials which may help a newbie to this device get up to speed and be able to code a relatively basic project?

Full description:

I am working with ST's BlueNRG-LP evaluation board (STEVAL-IDEB011V1) for a college project and I along with my other teammates are a little outside our depth with working with this particular board. Our project involves a basic transmission of data between three devices in a smart garden watering system application. A moisture sensor collects data on the moisture content of the soil and transmits it to a controller which will automate water flow when needed, while itself transmitting information to a BLE compatible cellphone with an app to display the data of the garden and offer controlling inputs (I.E. how the garden should be watered).

Progress has been made in coding to the devboard on a simple microcontroller level for the data collection portion of the project, neither myself nor my other team members have been able to make headway with the actual bluetooth side of the ball.

I have attempted to get the functionality through the BlueNRG GUI and use its "save as C-Code" functionality once I have everything initialized and my services defined, however this has not created any projects which are actually useable with WISE-Studio (leaving a host of errors which stem from something not being included correctly).

Is there a way to develop project code from this in a useful format and determine what libraries and includes may be missing from the developed code using this method?

I have been unable to follow the methodology of the example code provided through the BlueNRG navigator program and have not been able to distinguish the segments of code which correspond to the specific example and that which is required for basic setup of the BLE protocol.

Is there a very basic example which can be pointed to for reference and further development?

2 REPLIES 2
Winfred LU
ST Employee

The created project folder and corresponding sources are meant to put into the SDK.

It is because the folder does not contain the required libraries to build such as BSP, CMSIS, FW, middleware etc.

Typically the project (by default its name is BLE_Examples) is to put under:

C:\Users\<user id>\ST\BlueNRG-LP DK 1.x.x\Projects\BLE_Examples

Thanks for the response!

I still don't quite understand all the steps that are required to create a buildable project from the GUI, once the save as C-Code has been used and placed in the project\examples folder, how do you go about getting the required libraries in that folder?

My recent attempt has been to port the libraries to the created folder from an existing example project as well as to bring them from the main

C:\User\<user id>\ST\BlueNRG-LP DK 1.1.0 folder, which has allowed me to build a project, but still with warnings on missing aspects of the libraries/invalid paths.

Is there a reference which details the steps on creating a project in this way?