cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot perform Xtalk in VL53L5CX GUI

Ade K.1
Associate

Hi all,

I'm trying to get the GUI to perform Xtalk calibration, but every attempt so far returns the error 'Error from ULD: XTalk error, invalid parameter provided'.

I've tried altering the default parameters in various combinations but no luck so far.

Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm missing here?

Arie

0693W00000UnCg8QAF.png0693W00000UnChAQAV.png

3 REPLIES 3
John E KVAM
ST Employee

in order to do crosstalk, the absolute ideal condition would be to point the sensor into some completely open area. Nothing within a good 5 feet. I use my desk looking up at a ceiling. (make sure there is noting in the FoV,)

Then set the parameters to 5% reflectance an as big a distance as tool will allow. I use 999.

But the real trick is that you actually need a coverglass. Without a coverglass, you do get an error.

And once calibrated, be sure to check the "CoverGlass On" box. Otherwise the calibration is not taken into account.

• john

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'
Ade K.1
Associate

Thanks John,

This was with the cover glass placed and the box ticked, but it may have had to do with the spacer I had in between. I started with a 1mm spacer. I tried again with a 0.25mm spacer and a distance of 999, and now it calibrated just fine.

John E KVAM
ST Employee

Give it another try. I used it with both layers of an anti-static bag as a coverglass and although the bag makes a really awful coverglass, you do get a result.

Our community relies on fruitful exchanges and good quality content. You can thank and reward helpful and positive contributions by marking them as 'Accept as Solution'. When marking a solution, make sure it answers your original question or issue that you raised.

ST Employees that act as moderators have the right to accept the solution, judging by their expertise. This helps other community members identify useful discussions and refrain from raising the same question. If you notice any false behavior or abuse of the action, do not hesitate to 'Report Inappropriate Content'