cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having "fun" with Khoros editor failures

The "member callout bubble" remained stuck even after having made the post i.e. editor pane closed. It overlaps the post and scrolls together with it.

waclawekjan_0-1694163407067.png

waclawekjan_1-1694163436716.png

Oh yes, reload "fixes" it, but ain't it a hillarious fail?

JW

17 REPLIES 17

> Hopefully by focusing resources on blatant failings in this area of Khoros' implementation we can get resolution of multiple issues.

No. ST nor Khoros do care. They just make small and easy changes to placate us (and that's not just the forum).

Honestly, through this and several other threads, I just entertain myself. I've gave up on trying to help ST to get their act together when they chose to ignore the list of basic and substantial defects we told them just at the beginning of the Khoros era.

JW

Btw. +1 on @Tesla DeLorean 's sentiment, the whole callout  is a mess. I figured up to first 3 characters the participants of current thread are referred regardless of name match, but after that there's just "magic" picking up from the database; and editing (deleting etc.) the typed in name results in havoc, as you've said.

Oh, and the original bug is easy to reproduce: just keep the callout bubble open when clicking on Reply. That much for the effort paid to investigation.

JW

@Community Assistance Team  @somerandomname

waclawekjan_0-1695834422403.png

@Trying to replicate

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

JanCallOutFail_001.jpg

Sticky too, the red is where it was left after replying to thread with call-out open, clicking Reply. Chrome on Win10

JanCallOutFail_002.jpg

Green boxing for clarity, outlines of my images so as not to get confused with post

Lina_DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hi all, 

This issue is identified as BUG and is being tackled by the platform Engineering team. I will notify once the issue is resolved. Apologies for the inconveniences you are all currently facing.

Regards,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

A similar one (the dangling "Numbered list" bubble remained there errorneously after making the post, and now moves together with that post when moving the thread up and down).

waclawekjan_0-1702549961660.png

Yes, the underlying reason is always the same: overcomplicated solution not fully understood by the authors. Many such problems would be solved by simply reloading the thread after making the post, instead of just inserting it ajaxy style.

Do you still insist on refusing inviting Khoros people here to share the shame?

JW