cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STP16NF06 vs IRF520

MRUEF.1
Associate

IRF520 type MOSFETs are starting to be phased out and so in all review, STP16NF06 should be a stable cross reference from what I have read, would anyone know perhaps is there a better cross for an IRF520 than the ST STP16NF06? i have ask OnSemi and their idea on this question is not much help as they point to MOSFETs that actually lower in current and PD

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @MRUEF.1​, to the community!

You are obviously using the IRF560 in the TO-220 package variant, right?

I know this MOSFET with a maximum drain voltage of 100V, Rdson max 0.2ohms and a continuous current of max 6.8A at 100°C.

The STP16NF06 you have chosen can only handle 60V, but more current with a smaller Rdson.

For max 100V I rather recommend the STP24NF10 with 100V, max 0.06ohms and 18A at 100°C. There are many more suitable types with considerably better parameters, but a more precise selection only makes sense if you know your application and exact requirements (frequency, driving, etc).

Hope that helps?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.