cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I want power on STuW81300 forever, should I connect Pin4 PW-PD to ground

Timothy Luo
Associate II

I would like to power STuW81300 forever, should I connect Pin4 PW-PD to ground?

Thank you

Regards,

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Timothy Luo​, to the community!

Yes, if you set HW_PD to 0 (GND), the STuW81300 is permanently active.

HW_PD to 1 would activate the power down function and disable the device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Timothy Luo​, to the community!

Yes, if you set HW_PD to 0 (GND), the STuW81300 is permanently active.

HW_PD to 1 would activate the power down function and disable the device.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Timothy Luo
Associate II

Hi, Peter,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have few more questions. I would like to use STuW81300 to generate 14GHz signal. Based on my understanding, we should power down RF1 stage and power RF2 stage. Please see following Schematic:

0693W00000HqlYWQAZ.pngCould you review the above Schematic? Can we leave RF1_OUTN and RF1_OUTP open when we do not use them? Should we connect 3.3V to PDRF1 to power down RF1 output and PDRF2 to GND to power up the RF2?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Tim

Yes, leave RF1_OUTN and RF1_OUTP open when unused.

Yes, PD_RF1 and PD_RF2 can be connected this way if you do not use the alternative and enable/disable the outputs by software. Please pay attention to this:

• register ST7, bit 18 (FSTLCK_EN)
  • register ST8, bit 26 (PD_RF2_DISABLE)

Normally, only one question should be asked and answered in a thread, so that other readers are not put off by threads that go on for ages. Therefore, please open a new thread for further questions.

Good luck!

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

/Peter

Timothy Luo
Associate II

Will do.