cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am an instructor in Electrical, Mechanical and Manufacturing at Red River College (Winnipeg Canada). We are currently developing new experiments for our Electronics students. How do I go about ordering sample devices?

REngl.1
Associate II

One of the sample devices required is the STA540 amplifier. It seems to be a good device which will allow students to work with quad, stereo, and bridged outputs.

4 REPLIES 4

Suggest you find a Local Sales Office or Distributor. Given the current semiconductor supply crisis, availability of parts in any quantity, to whatever business/organization, is likely to be very limited/strained.

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/contact-us.html

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Thank-you for this information. I have actually visited the sites of several distributors (Newark, Mouser, Digi-Key, Avnet) and they all show '0' stock with long lead times. I have been following the semiconductor supply issues through the JEDEC Smart Brief and am aware of the shortages thus am not terribly surprised.

I believe that leaves me with little option but to source elsewhere in my attempt to find something and develop labs prior to the fall intake.

Again... Thank-you, take care.

Well ordering off their websites wasn't really what I was suggesting, you want to find contacts at these places, ideally ST offices and have a person-to-person interaction.

Perhaps try LinkedIn to find those with proximity, or existing affiliations..

Ordering parts today, probably going to want to look more at parts brokers, or places like AliExpress

Look to be plenty of STA540 on AliExpress, perhaps $0.70/pcs USD + S/H

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
REngl.1
Associate II

Thank-you Tesla, I appreciate the suggestion.

As I mentioned previously, I was looking for samples for our initial design and testing prior to implementation.

If I can swing it with my Chair and our Lab manager, we can most likely purchase them through Ali Express. Normally the College likes us to have something in place prior to spending its money.

Not to worry,

Have a great day.