cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear all, we use ST25DV04K and STM32L011xxx . Firmware flashing is done via a connector. We would like to flash firmware via NFC. People told me, that for this we need a Boot programm initially. Is a version of the ST32M available with a Boot programm?

CLemb.1
Associate

In our application we have an application in which the ST25DV04K is used for a smartphone APP to conduct readouts. Behind we have STM32L011xxx which makes some calculations as well and the result is stored in the ST25DV04Kxxx. We would like to program the STM32L0 via NFC so we get rid of the connector and make the product smaller and compact. Do you have a best case for firmaware flashen over NFC - People told me that we need initially a boot programm, but this doesn´t solve the problem, as we would something to flash Bootprogramm either. Man thanks for your suggestion, Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

AFAIK all STM32 contain a bootloader (I think the main pointer would be AN2606), which can boot from various media. However I don't think that booting from ST25DV over the air is one of the standard modes.

Not sure if you have quantities allowing to order something like an ASIC variant with your own bootloader or custom programmed secondary bootloader.

So most likely the only chance you have is to develop your own secondary bootloader (which will be able load an image from NFC) and in factory program your secondary loader into main flash using one of the many supported methods in AN2606. Probably you can do this means of two needles and two testpoints if you e.g. use I2C. Or even use a socket to insert it for programming and only then solder it onto your board - maybe together with your initial application image.

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

AFAIK all STM32 contain a bootloader (I think the main pointer would be AN2606), which can boot from various media. However I don't think that booting from ST25DV over the air is one of the standard modes.

Not sure if you have quantities allowing to order something like an ASIC variant with your own bootloader or custom programmed secondary bootloader.

So most likely the only chance you have is to develop your own secondary bootloader (which will be able load an image from NFC) and in factory program your secondary loader into main flash using one of the many supported methods in AN2606. Probably you can do this means of two needles and two testpoints if you e.g. use I2C. Or even use a socket to insert it for programming and only then solder it onto your board - maybe together with your initial application image.

Regards, Ulysses