cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the source for S2-LP_SigFox_DK_1.7.1 \ sfxFlasher available? Can it be made available?

_richard
Associate III

4 REPLIES 4
Winfred LU
ST Employee

No as far as i understand.

It is to protect the way the credentials being saved.

I think it's worth to doubly check with SIgfox people.

_richard
Associate III

hm,

a)

there is no stsafe-a100 e.g. on the x nucleo s2868a1 -> the full design can not make sure that any part is not read, decoded, decrypted.

some people call that kind of approach security by obscurity.

witholding the source ~ documentation of the storage format of the sigfox config data just makes it necessary to spend more time on implementing a solution with the stm/sigfox provided code in the development kit, stepping through the binary,

b)

after trying it and also after company trying to get me contact to sigfox support this seems impossible.

the other company has some contact but what i hear the impression is, that sigfox does play mikado as long as one does not brings some really big amount of sigfox devices to be built into the game.

c)

sigfox did't write the stm sigfox dk -> sigfox can not open source it.

sigfox could do a better job at support and documentation. but at the end it's stm chips / hardware / boards / software i use -> stm should document it.

-->

i sincerely ask stm to document the complete storage format of the sigfox config data in eeprom/flash.

the source of the config tool a) could help for that and b) could be reused for a custom solution based on stm hardware -> i am not going to steal it to use it for my own sub ghz chips / it's all about stm hardware.

Winfred LU
ST Employee

Please contact your local representative.

I think it shall be fine to release the source code individually.

It will be much harder to make the source public, although this is just my own opinion.

Thanks.

_richard
Associate III

thank you,

I have contacted stm in germany and we will see how it works out.