cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlueNRG International Availability

stefel
Associate II
Posted on April 08, 2014 at 23:21

Does anyone have any information about why these parts are restricted outside the US? We have been trying to order the dev kit and some samples to New Zealand for several months now, and both DigiKey and Mouser states it cannot be shipped due to US export regulations.

#bluenrg
5 REPLIES 5
Posted on April 16, 2014 at 10:34

Hi,

We have spoken to our Board Management Group and they said that ST has no control of US export regulation. As possible solution they suggested to order the kits and the samples from a European or Asian distirbutor.

Regards,

Graziella Marchese

stefel
Associate II
Posted on April 17, 2014 at 12:09

Are there any European or Asian distributors it can be ordered from?

I don't know much about US export regulations, but why would this particular chip be restricted for export?

Posted on April 22, 2014 at 09:44

Hi,

at the followwing link:

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/sense_power/FM1968/CL1976/SC1898/PF258646?s_searchtype=partnumber

under ''Sample and Buy'' tag, you can find the list of distributors to order the kit.

Regards,

Graziella

stefel
Associate II
Posted on April 25, 2014 at 22:53

I'm aware of that list and I already tried all suppliers listed:

- Click on Arrow (EUROPE) and the item listing there says 0 available and you can't order.

- Click on DigiKey and when you try to add the item outside the US to an order it will tell you it can't be done due to US export regulations

- Click om Mouser and the item will be listed as ''Restricted due to US export regulations'' if you're outside the US.

I contacted both DigiKey and Mouser on the issue and I received the following replies:

DigiKey:

Hello, Stephen - thank you for your recent inquiry regarding the export classification on an STMicroelectronics component, (Digi-Key p/n 497-14338-1-ND).   As the US exporter, we are responsible for the accuracy of assigned export codes on products and, at this time, we have reviewed the export code that we have assigned;  it is indeed classed in such a way that the product is, unfortunately, restricted for export.

Mouser:

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Mouser Part Number 511-BLUENRGQTR.

Mouser currently doesn’t have the documentation required to export this product, which is why we currently have this restricted for sale outside the US.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

So, unfortunately, it is still not possible to buy these chips outside the US. My sample request was also denied by ST (maybe due to the same reason).

I do not know what paperwork is required to clear items for export in the US, but it sounds like that is something ST will need to provide to the international distributors if ST wants to sell the product internationally? It's quite sad that noone is looking into this at ST, because the BlueNRG looks like a very impressive product that I would love to use in a new design, but I can't use a product for a design if it can't be shipped outside the US...

Regards,

Stephen

stefel
Associate II
Posted on November 24, 2014 at 05:18

Is there any news on this? It has been over 7 months, and this situation is still not resolved. When I visit the BlueNRG product page on the ST website, under ''Sample and Buy'' it shows worldwide availability through Mouser and Digikey. However I cannot place an order for the part at either of these suppliers, they will still tell me that it is restricted due to US Export regulations. So is ST planning on selling this chip internationally, or is this going to remain a chip that only US-based companies can use?