cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to recover some bricked STA8089FGBD's

GMelv.1
Associate

I have a significant number of bricked STA8089's, literally 100's, and I'm trying to find out why.

The devices won't respond, VOL2 is lower than it should be (1.2V), the RF chain is dead (low supply voltage), and there seems to be no response to the serial port, at any bit rate. What do I need to do to recover to factory reset status. In an ideal world I'd like to get the CDB values out, but right now just recovering would be a good start. These are naked devices, no micro present, so any config / boot has to be serial / handshake based.

1 REPLY 1
Trevor LEA
Associate II

There is documentation on www.st.com regarding FW Update Recovery Mode for the TeseoIII family of devices.

STA8089FG - Fully Integrated GPS/Galileo/Glonass/Beidou2/QZSS Receiver with embedded RF and in-package Flash - STMicroelectronics

Look in following document under the section "Firmware Update on Reset"

UM2399 ST TeseoIII Binary Image User Manual

You will also need to download "Teseo Suite" from the Tools and Software section to perform the recover procedure.

If this does not solve your issues, I recommended contacting your sales person or supplier to get you into contact with your local application engineer.