cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing labels

Piranha
Chief II

When looking at a subforum, on the right side there are many labels available. For example, for the "Embedded software (MCUs)", the list starts with a label "ADC". But, when creating or editing a topic, there are just 9 labels available starting with "STM32Cube MCU Packages". Adding a valid label manually, ends up with an error message: "The following labels are not available here: ...".

8 REPLIES 8
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hi @Piranha , 

Thanks for bringing this up. The labels on the right side you see, are the Legacy labels to better find the migrated content. 

As you pointed out correctly, some of the legacy ones are no longer there when creating new posts, so please have use the ones you see present. 

Let me know if you need anything else. 

Thanks,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Piranha
Chief II

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/stm32-clock-and-delay-helper-functions/td-p/593082

Piranha_0-1695499600703.png

This list is ridiculous! Not a single relevant tag for the particular topic and most generic embedded software topics, but we still have to choose at least one. And let me remind that in a forum directory named "STM32 MCUs Embedded software" there is neither a "Bug-report", nor "Documentation" tag available. In other directories there is a similar disaster. But the "best" part is that the tag "Bug-report" has been removed from everywhere completely! Apparently that is the new strategy of ST for "fixing" the bugs...

Hello @Piranha , 

Thanks for bringing this up. I will check the reasoning behind this internally and act accordingly. 

Regards,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Piranha
Chief II

(By the way, the intended labels for this post were DMA and DAC, but the forum software does not seem to want me to use those, so I randomly picked STM32Cube MCU Packages instead).

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/stm32l4-dma-setup/m-p/604213/highlight/true#M43025

So have the respective managers finally managed to put a two and two together or are they too qualified for it? 😉

Hi @Piranha , 

Thanks for bringing this up. The previous topic was reviewed, and the labels "Documentation" and "Bug-report" were added. Regarding your recent example, let me check and get back why the mentioned labels are missing ;). 

Greetings! 
Lina

Piranha
Chief II

There is no "Documentation" tag in most of the "STM32 MCUs" subdirectories and it has not been added even for the "STM32 MCUs Embedded software", which was the one discussed here. Also the "STM32CubeMonitor (MCUs)" subdirectory has no available tags at all - zero! Have you learned how this pseudo-forum even works? The tags listed on the right side, when just viewing the forum, are not available for new topics. You have to press "Start a conversation" to see the available tags!

And you ignoring the real issue - the fact that the whole forum terribly lacks tags everywhere! Why aren't the USART, SPI, I2C, DMA, TIM, USB, etc. available everywhere? Why Ethernet, lwIP, SDIO, FatFS, etc. doesn't exist at all?

Piranha
Chief II

Not really about missing labels, but a good example of how idiots can use anything as an abuse...

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-boards-and-hardware/how-to-generate-mdc-clock/td-p/613539

Piranha_0-1701022829409.png

The person actually did sit down and clicked everything that was available. What goes on in their brain during that process? I guess nothing... Instead of censoring a criticism about the HAL/Cube team's competence, it would be better if the effort for a new user registration would be made complex enough so that both bots and pure idiots are not capable of passing it.

Hello @Piranha ,

Such behavior can be reported as an abuse, so in case you notice anything like that in the future, please report it. Thanks a lot.