cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laney LA65C, TDA7294

Lopo1132
Associate

Hello, I have a guitar amp Laney LA65C where the output amp is faulty, it consists of a TDA7294 IC, I put in a new TDA7294 but it exploded as soon as the power was turned on. I checked the input voltage and it is correct 26 volts, what could cause it to explode, are there several versions of the TDA7294 with other supply voltages? There is no insulation between the circuit and the heat sink, but the heat sink has no contact with the device body.

2 REPLIES 2
AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

>are there several versions of the TDA7294 with other supply voltages?

No.

Just H or V (vertical mounting, see ds.)

+

>input voltage and it is correct 26 volts

?? chip has +/- supply, so check it, before putting in the next victim.

+

>There is no insulation between the circuit and the heat sink

Check, if there is any connection heat sink to circuit or gnd ! Tab is on -Vs , neg. supply !

AScha3_0-1717148806723.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Lopo1132, to the community!

You asked the same question in the music-electronics-forum. The thread there already mentioned possible problems with the power supply - did you check it thoroughly before installing the replacement, i.e. the voltages on pins 7, 13 and 8, 15, as Jazz P Bass suggested?

In addition, when buying on eBay, you have neither a guarantee of function nor guarantee of an genuine component. It would be better to buy it from our online store:

You'll also find the differences in the data sheet of the TDA7294.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.