cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search bar uses "or" for multiple keywords. That is a bad default!

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Searching "st-link_cli" gives 137 results. Searching "st-link_cli linux" gives 4000 hits. "https://community.st.com/t5/community-guidelines/how-to-search/ta-p/575262" does not give a hint how to search for hits with hit for multiple keywords together. This is not helpful!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Right, the search help from @Lina DABASINSKAITE should mention that an AND function can be realised with a plus sign in front of each word. For the example "+st-link_cli +linux" there are currently 6 hits.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Right, the search help from @Lina DABASINSKAITE should mention that an AND function can be realised with a plus sign in front of each word. For the example "+st-link_cli +linux" there are currently 6 hits.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Lina DABASINSKAITE
Community manager
Community manager

Hello @Uwe Bonnes , @Peter BENSCH , 

Thanks for brining this up this very valuable feedback. First, let me check if this is an expected behavior and if so, I will adjust the guidelines. 

If you notice anything else, let me know. 

Thanks a lot,
Lina

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.