cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE broke after update v1.11.0!

F F
Associate II

I just migrated to the latest v1.11 of STM32CubeIDE.

I was able to update successfully to the latest version, but now my environment is broken!

Issues I see now:

• Build an stack analyzer gives the following output:

Could not create the view: com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.stackanalyzer.stackanalyzer.view

• Unable to open the dedicated .ioc file:

Gives an NullPointerException

Also I'm unable to restore my environment downloading the latest installer file. The website is having issues and I'm unable to login / download content disappears after login.

Please ST help me with an urgent workaround!

EDIT: Website back online, "solved" by using the installer of v1.11. Please fix this ST!

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Copy-pasted from another thread:

Hello there!

I'm fairly certain that you are facing the new issue that my colleague Mattias is mentioning in this thread:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001zeSZcSAM/stm32cubeide-intool-update-issue

It might work if you remove CDT from the available software sites:

0693W00000WKsYFQA1.png 

We are currently investigating this issue further!

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
EDeme.1
Associate II

Hi,

I had exactly the same experience and had to remove the IDE and install it again from scratch.

for now it seems working as before

S.Ma
Principal

Always do a separated full install so you can backtrack on free sw tools.

JojoS
Associate III

I had the same issue, previous version was afaik 1.10.

Just before, I have installed EGit support. Could it be some incompatibility with EGit 6.3? In some other comment I have read that installing EGit broke the CubeIDE installation.

Update:

After reinstalling 1.11 it works. Then add EGit 6.3, works.

Add external toolchain gnu 9.2, after restart broken.Egit still works, ST Plugins are missing.

Exception is too long to post here...

AScha.3
Principal III

>Add external toolchain gnu 9.2

why ??

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
JojoS
Associate III

gcc 10 has changed to default -fno-common, and some third party code has used tentative definitions.

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-10/porting_to.html

Switching the toolchain versions was no problem in STM32CubeIDE 1.10

APagl
Associate II

I had the same issue plus some others: custom and default editor appearances are missing (code appears black on white, nothing else), all run/debug configurations exist on disk as before but are not found by the IDE, I cannot build, not only are all builder preference configs missing, but project nature and most other project related preferences as well.

I removed STMCubeIDE and reinstalled 1.11. I removed it again and installed the previous version that ran perfectly, 1.10. However, all broken still. Removed again and reinstalled 1.11. No luck.

I have a ticket in to ST and am waiting.

Same experience. I cannot do anything - it's fully broken...

I should have mentioned. Mac. Monterrey.
S.Ma
Principal

How much improductive time did cost you this upgrade?