cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST-LINK,Programmer error:DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR

jack-uni
Associate

hello

I used ST link to connect to stm32H743 and reported an error during the Programmer download process:"Error:ST-LINK error(DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR)“.

But,I used j-link to connect to stm32H743 and there were no errors during the stm32IDE download process.

Can you provide some suggestions,thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @jack-uni,

In addition to the GND, SWDIO, and SWCLK pins, you will also need to connect the VCC and NRST pins. Make sure to connect the pins correctly and use the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer.
I apologize for the delayed response.

Maryem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jack-uni
Associate

The download interface of my H743 board only has three pins: gnd, swdio, and swclk.

Do you need any other connections for ST link?

Maryem
ST Employee

Hello @jack-uni,

In addition to the GND, SWDIO, and SWCLK pins, you will also need to connect the VCC and NRST pins. Make sure to connect the pins correctly and use the latest version of STM32CubeProgrammer.
I apologize for the delayed response.

Maryem.

Hi Maryem,

We are using GNd, SWDIO, SWCLK and VCC pins (only 4). And working most of the time. But sometimes, we have problems in communication, Read Protection Enabled, DEV_TARGET_CMD_ERR, etc. We were able to Erase some times but couldn't download hex file as erase failures. Is there any necessity of NRST pin to be connected. We are using ST-LINK/V2 Programmer.

D. Lenin