cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M1 MacBook Air struggles with STM32CubeProgrammer.

OKhal.1
Associate

My MacBook Air (M1, 2020) macOS Big Sur version 11.5.1 (20G80) struggles with STM32CubeProgrammer. I deinstalled all my java updates and installed the recommended java version according to this post https://community.st.com/s/question/0D50X0000BmnqrBSQQ/how-to-run-stm32cubeprogrammer-on-macos-catalina-10151-19b88.

My java -version:

java version "1.8.0_231"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_231-b11)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.231-b11, mixed mode)

The app boots up and reads my link V2 version which is V2J38S7 now which is great, but sadly whenever I have my connection option as "ST-link" then I click "Connect" or "Read" STM32CubeProgrammer immediately crashes. It doesn't however do that under options like "UART" or "USB" it simply reports back that I haven't got that type of connection established then reverts me to the main menu without crashing. My ST-Link V2 has a steady red LED plugged into USB-C port via USB-A to USB-C adapter. If CubeProgrammer is somehow broken for M1 macs, can anyone please suggest a friendly GUI like that of CubeProgrammer to have easy access to boot options, erase/flash arm based MCUs on macOS?

0693W00000D15LXQAZ.png 

0693W00000D15MQQAZ.png

3 REPLIES 3
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi OKhal.1 ,

Can you please tell me the MCU or board reference?

If you are using the last CubeProgrammer version, since the 2.6.0 the java is already bundled in cubeProgrammer no need to install it.

Houda

SGran.5
Associate II

help with installing the program on a mac mini m1 - during the installation, allow the installation - nothing happened and I don’t see the installation window anymore

STM32CubeProgrammer software for Mac 2.11

MJ042
Associate II

I'm facing the same issue. STM32Cube Programmer hangs on Mac M1 after clicking the 'Connect' button. STM32 Cube IDE and STM32 CubeMX work well. And the same STM32Cube Programmer with the same hardware set-up works without a glitch on a Windows PC.

Any idea why this may be happening.

Also, I have given 'Full disk access' to STM32Cube Programmer.